Opening a Coning
All credit for learning to do conings goes to Michaelle Small Wright of Perelandra.
I learned this technique from the book called Map about 30 years ago.
I use the strategy during my sessions and classes and have been requested to write up what I do, so you too can have access to this information. Here is my version.
- Intend to open a coning or energy field for your work or intention. When doing a session, I honor it as a safe and relaxing place to connect with ourselves, spirit and nature.
- Say “I intend to open an energy field for the purpose of doing this work.” and state the detailed intention. State your intention for the coning very clearly. I usually say something like “This coning is for the purpose of this healing session. I request master level guidance for this session.” Or I might say, this coning is for the purpose of teaching and learning how to develop our intuition.
- Invite in your guides, your higher self and the divine, the great love source. Invite your client or student or friends and their guides in as well.
- Next invite in Nature. When we work in a well rounded session we want the help of both spirit and nature. Pan is the overlighting spirit of Nature. Ask Pan and the nature spirits and devas to help.
- Then I set my own intention for myself. I ask to be in my highest integrity, to be given a direct connection to spirit and to listen to spirit with my client and for my client. I ask to be in and of the clearest light possible. I access my guidance and my gratitude and connect to my heart.
- Then I ask my client and/ or students to set their intention. The client will tell me why they have come and what they intend to receive from the session. For my session work, this is usually the clearing of an old issue or the accessing of spiritual guidance.
- During the session work or class, I am aware of the guides, nature and the great love source, working with me and through me.
- When I am done with the session work or class, I thank the guides, our higher selves, nature and the great love source. Then I ask for nature and spirit to close the coning with me by intention.
I also use a coning or energy field when I am working on the phone. This helps me and the person I am working with to feel that we are in the same protected space.
If you wish to learn how to use conings very effectively, I recommend getting the book, MAP by Machaelle Small Wright.